Saturday 26 May 2007

Non Sequitur on Birds and Dinosaurs



Non Sequitur by Wiley Miller is one of my favourite comic strips. This one is May 17, 2007; but read the whole sequence from May 14 through to May 19, as Jeffery goes back in time to get a DNA sample from T-Rex, taking a chicken along as his interpreter.

(PS. Wiley is pretty clued up. I am sure he is well aware that T-Rex was not actually a direct ancestor of birds. It was a Theropod; a distinct member of the group from which birds are descended.)

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of an episode of Red Dwarf series eight, which my partner and I recently watched. The premise was that the crew had foound a wand that adjusts time in many different ways. When the pet bird of a senile old man dies, they use the wand to try to bring it back to life. Unfortunately they accidentaly take it millions of years into the past and it becomes a t-rex. A good picture of the difference between the BBC and American networks.

    I really enjoy finding evolution in entertainment, it gives me hope that the human race may not be a total wash.

    ReplyDelete